Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, March 20, 2023

Monday Musings – International Day of Happiness – What makes you happy?

 

Fun times at a Mic Larry Comedy Show

Any day is a great day to spread happiness and to engage in things that cause you to smile. One thing that brings me happiness is sharing the joy of laughter through comedy.

Do enjoy watching a comedy show? Have you ever thought about what those comics are like off stage? Did you know that you can sign up for comedy classes/workshops?

If you’ve ever thought you’d like to try comedy, the workshops are available to you. Different workshops offer different things. In my first classes I learned about stage presence, the comedy language, and how to set up a joke.

In the classes each person has a different reason for being there. Some want to pursue comedy as a career, others are there because someone said they were funny.

Enough about that stuff, let me take you behind the scenes of how I prepare for a comedy show. I should tell you not everyone prepares for a show in the same manner. Because I am a writer, I like to write my jokes down. Even if I decide to go a different direction the day of an event, I have a foundation in my head to pull from.

Below are photos my son took as I was preparing for a show that I knew would stretch me out of my comfort zone. He said, “Relax ma, breathe, this is not your first rodeo.”

My son pulled up a playlist of songs that were my favorites. I rocked to the beat and sang some of the lyrics as I reviewed my notes.


Preparing for a comedy show (me)



Performing comedy is not always easy, but it’s fun, it’s my happy place. What makes you happy? How will you share happiness with others?


No comments:

Post a Comment