Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wellness Wednesday – 3 Ways to laugh yourself happy

 


Laughter is wellness. When you include laughter in your selfcare it can brighten your daily mood. Create happiness in your day with laughter.

Here are 3 ways to laugh yourself happy:

1.      Include laughter as part of your daily routine. Are there things you do to start your day? Add laughter to your program. Keep a joke book next to your bed. One of my favorites is a  Reader’s Digest joke book. Many of the jokes are short, you could read a page a day. If you want to keep a smile across your face, take short breaks in your work day to read a quick joke.

2.      Start a joke jar. This is something you can do as a family. Have each family member write a funny joke on a slip of paper and place it in a jar. During dinner have one person pull from the jar and read the joke. Let the laughter begin. The joke may lead to a trip down memory lane, reflecting on other fun times.

3.      Laugh at yourself. We practice this one in my household. My 26-year-old son called me the other day and said, “Ma, you won’t believe what just happened to me.” I pressed the phone closer to my ear in anticipation of his story.

Let me set the stage for you…it was a cold and snowy day. My son said, “I had my Crocs on and went outside to warm my car up…and slipped on the snow. I think it was caught on The Ring.”

Sure enough, his episode in the snow was caught on his Ring security camera. He did not simply slip on the snow, he was diving forward. He slid a couple of times as if he were ice skating, put his hand down to brace himself, slid again, then finally back up on his feet.

My son shared his video clip with me and gave me permission to laugh, and to share his mishap. No he was not hurt, and he was able to laugh at himself.

YouTube Video: A trip to the car that goes wrong (humorously speaking).

Laughter is wellness. Laugh yourself happy, beginning today.

No comments:

Post a Comment