Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, February 10, 2023

Fun Friday – Where do you find humor?

 

Laughter with friends

Did you know that children laugh over 200 times a day and adults only about 17 times? It’s time to increase our laugh quotient. Humor is all around us. Think about that statement and observe your surroundings as you go through your day.

If you have ever received unwanted emails, take a look at them before deleting; see if you can uncover humor. I sometimes wonder how I am targeted for certain emails. Here’s what was going through my head as I read through emails recently:

No, I’ve never been to Camp Lejeune.

No, I don’t have a pending asbestos lawsuit.

And Harry’s Men’s Razor…please stop pressuring me about my mustache. How do they even know I have a mustache?

Family can also serve as a source of humor, without even realizing it. I had a conversation the other day with my roommate (my adult son), “Buddy, could you unload the dishwasher for me? This is not the first time I’ve mentioned this.”

He said, “Oh, I forget about the dishes. I don’t go over that way much.”

“It’s next to the refrigerator!”

I love my family, but I also read them my Miranda Rights of Comedy. You have the right to remain silent. Anything crazy, dumb, or stupid that you say, may end up in my comedy.

If by chance humor doesn’t jump out at you, create it yourself.

If you are ready to engage in laughter join me and several of my fellow comedians for a Zoom Comedy Showcase – February 13th 7pm EST. The show is free, but you must register to receive the link.



May your days be filled with laughter.

2 comments:

  1. What a riot, Angie. I love your Miranda Rights of Comedy. I think all writers need to let their families know about this one. Keep writing and keeping us laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment. Yes, there needs to be a warning lable for families (-:

      Delete