Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 25, 2022

Fitness Friday – There’s an app for that – What tool do you use for fitness?

 

Workout complete!

Fat, fat go away, don’t come back another day. I repeat that mantra over and over, in hopes to convince my inner thinner girl to show up. Some days are better than others in search of a consistent fitness lifestyle.

One thing that I have found to be valuable in a fitness routine is use of a fitness app. You can access a workout from almost anywhere…and that’s exactly what I did, while on vacation.

I rolled out of bed, leaving behind four plush down filled pillows, and warm blankets. The room was dark, the only audible sounds were the humming of the heater, and a creaking noise. I soon discovered that the creaking sound was from my ankles and other joints snapping into place in the early morning.

A few stretches later, I was dressed in yoga attire, shoes laced, and ready to exercise in my hotel room. I selected a 30-minute workout from my app, that didn’t require weights or other equipment. My body weight proved to be suitable for a strength workout (comparable to lifting  heavy weights).

The warm-up started, the repetitions became more intense, the trainer talked…I yelled back, as much as I could in a quiet room with strangers on the outskirts of my area. Following the trainer, I was jumping and, twisting, with added heavy breathing and grunting that he wasn’t doing.

I was praying that sleeping vacationers in rooms next to or below me didn’t hear muffled sounds, and my feet slapping the carpet and assume I needed to place the Do Not Disturb door hanger in view.

After thirty minutes, I chanted once again, Fat, fat, go away, don’t come back another day.

Find the tools that work best for you, that will keep you consistent in your self-care. Whether your tool is an app, or something entirely different…Don’t give up on yourself.

What tools do you use for fitness motivation?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment