Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Muffins with Mom – Chase the Lion-A pursuit of your dream

photo credit:amazon.com

Deep in snow, away at college, my son called and asked how much snow we had here at home. “The forecast is predicting 7-9 inches,” I said.

“That’s one thing I like about being at school…I don’t have to shovel snow.”

My son had his own perspective on the benefits of attending college. His comment opened the door to a teachable moment. Stating the obvious, I told him, “College could help you in the pursuit of your dreams.”

In his quick wit he responded with, “Ma, I know you can’t see me, but I’m rolling my eyes.”
My son’s response was sarcasm, meaning he understood what I was implying. I’ll share with you as I shared with him, a book that I just began reading. The title is Chase the Lion – If Your Dream Doesn’t Scare You, It’s Too Small, by Mark Batterson. Here’s the hook. Go after a dream that is bigger than you are.

Batterson says, “Set God-sized goals. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention.” I was drawn into this book at page one. Batterson says that we are dreamcatchers, not just dreamers. According to Batterson, our greatest legacy is the dreams we inspire in others. While you’re chasing your dream, encourage someone else to do the same.

Suit up in your armor, get ready for battle, and chase your lion.


In pursuit of his dream, my son drives through snowbound roads daily to football workouts. Football is one path along his journey. I encourage him, as I encourage you, face your fears and chase the lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment