Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Testimonial Tuesday - Count down to Christmas – 6 Accomplishments of 2017


This is the time of year where we hear about the countdowns to Christmas. There’s the Christmas movie marathon - 25 Days of Christmas (movies). Advertisements of “…six shopping days left ‘till Christmas.” Things can seem overwhelming.

A countdown to Christmas can also be a time to reflect on your accomplishments for the year. Since there are six days left until Christmas, I’ll list six of my accomplishments this year, and then you do the same.

1.      Entered three writing contests – honed my writing skills, practiced writing following specific guidelines.

2.      Participated in a beauty pageant – the focus was on health and wellness in African-American women 50 years and older. It was a LOT of work, but very rewarding.


3.      Joined a new fitness gym – made new friends, learned to “eat clean” and other nutritional tips; lost 6 lbs (have been saying I wanted to lose 5 pounds, for the past two years).




4.      Home Improvement Projects – does routine cleaning count here…hmm (lol)? Just last week I learned how to replace the wax ring on a leaky toilet. Can’t say that I’d be excited to do it again, but I now know that I can.  In case you’re wondering- this required popping off the little plastic cap on each side of the toilet, turning off the water on the side of the toilet and lifting the toilet in order to get to the wax ring. Sorry about the run-on sentence. Whew. Enough bathroom talk.

5.      High school graduation – my son graduated, this means I graduated too.


6.      Took advantage of opportunities to increase my faith and spend time with family and friends.

BONUS

7.      Read 10 books – for me, that is an accomplishment. I love to read, but I don’t feel like I always have time. I’ve learned to read between the cracks (wherever I find time). I read in a grocery store line, the bank, a road trip, just wherever I find myself waiting.

As you countdown to Christmas, take the time to reflect on your year. What would you count as your accomplishments? They can be small or large, you decide. Remember, every journey begins with a first step. Share your testimony.

Looking forward to the New Year…step into your greatness.


No comments:

Post a Comment