Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Fun Friday – Being Recruited


The military recruits people, athletes are recruited, so why not other entities? My son is at the finish line of his final year of high school as a student athlete. He has been considering what college to attend and play football.

My son has a consistent workout routine, he’s playing on a 7 on 7 football and he keeps his Hudl account (football highlights) updated. He is not new to the recruitment process. I, on the other hand, have just come to the realization that I have experienced recruitment on another level.

http://www.hudl.com/v/1Qyp5A Hudl Highlights (not of me).

Some forms of college recruitment involve an invite. The student is invited for a visit, to see what the particular college is like. I was invited as a part of the recruitment process. My invite came in the mail…it was from AARP (American Association of Retired Persons). It arrived when I was a mere 45 years old.

AARP invited me to become a member. If I were to send in my response by a certain date I could have received a free tote bag. It’s been six years since that initial invite, I have not joined yet, but the invitation still stands. I just may accept the next offer (now that I’m of age…in my mind). Some of the benefits/offers seem worthwhile.


Have you ever been recruited for anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment