Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Muffins with Mom – Laughter is the best medicine- Have you had your dose?

Earth laughs in flowers – Ralph Waldo Emerson



If laughter is the best medicine, don’t forget to take your daily dose. Where can you find laughter? It’s all around you. Take a deep breath, hold it, and exhale slowly through your nose. Now relax and observe your surroundings throughout your day.

If you struggle to find a reason to chuckle, read a comic strip, a joke book or search YouTube for a comedian’s routine. If all else fails spend a week with my family, something is bound to happen.
While visiting my mom over the Holiday, she pulled out a pajama shirt that belonged to my son when he was two or three years old. We were feeling nostalgic holding the tiny shirt in the air for the whole family to see. My words to my teen son were, “Do you think you can still fit this shirt?”






I didn’t have to say another word, my son began to tug and pull at the shirt until he stretched it enough to get it over his head. He is not one to back down from a challenge. Below are fashion clips of the pajama top from the past.

Have you heard the saying, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree? Like my son, I sometimes meet a challenge head on. Again, mom provided fodder for my episode. She’d purchased an extra pair of leggings and asked if I wanted them or my niece who was at mom’s house visiting too.

Before my niece could snag them I spoke up, “I’ll take them. I like the color.” Mom told us the leggings were one size fits all and she had a pair just like them for herself. When I got home I attempted to squeeze into the leggings and found out they were not even one size fits most.

The heel of my foot got stuck at the bottom of the pants while trying to pull them on. The waist of the pants didn’t make it up to my waist. Finally, I sat on the floor in my bedroom and tugged and pulled until I freed my body from the one size fits…not me leggings.

What made me thing I could fit those pants??! (photo below). I folded the pants and packaged them to send to me niece, maybe she would have better luck with them. I called mom and said, “Please don’t buy anymore clothes from the beauty supply store or the drug store. I don’t think this is their specialty.”




What does your dose of laughter look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment