Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Feel Good Friday – Giving Thanks


Thankful for little brothers...they grow old with you.

What are you thankful for at this moment? Have you heard the saying, “I may not be where I want to be, but at least I’m not where I used to be?” Celebrate where you are right now and know that your best days are yet to come.

Today I celebrate this old body of mine through a poem

This old body of mine
Woke up this morning right on time
Said a quick prayer for this body of mine

Gave thanks for my hair, though it’s gettin’ thin,
Even said thanks for the hair on my chin.

Legs got stiff from sittin’ too long
Stomach muscles no longer strong.

Eyes that used to see so well,
Now need glasses to read the mail.

Still got my mind, sharp as a tack
But sometimes there’s pain in my lower back.

Woke up today feelin’ real fine,
Gave thanks to the Lord for this old body of mine.


What are you giving thanks for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment