Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Muffins with Mom – Whispered words – when a teen speaks




A mother and son moment
It was the morning of our annual youth Christmas program at church. I sat on the front pew with the other Sunday school teachers to assist the kids if they needed prompting. My teen son arrived at church after I did, since I had to be there early.
When my son arrived, he came and sat next to me on the front pew. As I watched the kids recite their lines, my son leaned in and whispered something to me. In a muffled tone what I heard was, mumble, mumble, “Mustache is long.”
In a hushed tone, I repeated what I thought my son said. “Did you say your mustache is long?”
He smiled at me and said, “No yours is long.”
I lovingly elbowed my son in his arm as I clapped for the little girl who had just finished reciting her lines.
As we left church, walking side by side, I leaned over and whispered to my son. “When you decide to marry, may your wife’s mustache be as long as mine.”
My son just looked at me and said, “Wow.”
Has your child ever said something awkward in public? How did you respond?

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Kids say the craziest things. Good job with your humorous comeback!

    I've had a lot of awkward comments from my kids, but I always try to say something witty back.

    ReplyDelete