Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Muffins with Mom – The Absent Minded Mom


There was a movie long ago titled, The Absent Minded Professor. I’ve discovered that professors are not the only people who are absent minded. Today’s post features situations experienced by absent minded moms.
The Shopping Trip
Have you ever had a situation where you had so much on your mind that you may have done something that didn’t make sense? After church, my teen son and I stopped by a store because I wanted to pick up a gift card for someone.
As we waited in line at the checkout register of Target, I wrote out my check. When I handed the check to the cashier, she looked at me and smile as she said, “You know this isn’t Kroger, right?”
I responded with a chuckle and said, “Oh, that’s where I was going next.”
My son stood behind me, shook his head and said, “Wow Ma.”
We left with the item we came for and headed to Kroger. 

Doctor’s Appointment
My mother wanted to make sure she arrived on time for her doctor’s appointment. She left home in plenty of time to make it to her destination. However, there was unexpected construction which threw her off schedule.
Mom arrived at the doctor’s office and rushed in about five minutes late. She told the receptionist her name and said, “I’m a little late, but I have a 9:00am appointment.”
The receptionist checked her computer and said, “I don’t see an appointment for you.”
“I’m pretty sure it’s scheduled for 9:00am,” mom replied.
After searching further, the receptionist found my mother’s name. “Ah, here it is. You’re actually early, your appointment is next week at 9:00am.”
“Ok, thanks.” Mom left the doctor’s office just as quickly as she had entered. 

Holiday Shopping

My aunt was excited to go shopping on Black Friday. She anticipated all the sales she expected to find on the biggest shopping day of the year. Aunt Dee rushed from the house and mentally reviewed her To Do list as her sat in her car.
After a few moments her eyes bulged and she jumped from the car. There was one thing she had forgotten that was still inside the house…her son. She opened the door and there he was bundled up and lying in his car seat carrier, waiting to be carried to the car.

Do you have an absent minded mom story?

3 comments:

  1. I have so many I could probably write a book! Here's one: I had put my purse on the roof of my car when I had to put some things inside. I got in, started the car, and drove down the city streets. It was kind of crazy though, because I heard a lot of horn honking, and they seemed to be honking at me. I decided to pull in a parking lot to see if there was a problem with my car. It was after I got out that I noticed I had been driving around with my purse still on the roof of my car! Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't experienced one myself, but I've heard a lot of funny ones. Like the friends who finally had a child after thirteen years of marriage. After a long day they went to bed leaving him buckled into his car seat downstairs. He was fine, but they weren't

    ReplyDelete