Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Fun Friday – Unaccompanied Minors


 
Several years ago my sons and I watched a movie titled Unaccompanied Minors. It was a fun family movie about kids traveling on a plane without an adult accompanying them. The kids got into plenty of mayhem.
 
As my boys have transitioned from youth to independent teens, there have been more than one unaccompanied minor scenarios. Most recently my fourteen-year-old son went swimming at the neighborhood pool with a few friends.

It was a humid August day and remained that way well into the evening. My son had been gone a couple of hours so I decided to stroll over to the pool. What did I find? There were several unaccompanied teens hanging out at the pool.
A couple of girls yelled out my name and waved to me as they waded in the pool. The boy standing by the edge of the pool with my son gave a polite greeting. Everything seemed orderly. I walked the mile back home and settled in for the night.

When my son arrived home from the pool, I had a few chores for him to do.
“I need you to put a load of clothes in the dryer, move your football equipment out of the living room and put the dishes away.”

He paused before responding then said, “My ankle hurts, I can’t do that much walking.”
Am I to believe that this unaccompanied minor injured himself after I left the pool, walked a mile home, entered the house in high spirits, then suddenly couldn’t walk through the house?

What are your thoughts on this episode?

No comments:

Post a Comment