Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, September 10, 2012

What to do when your kids need extra attention - 5 Signs that you need to pray


First day of school - I know my mom is taking pictures so I refuse to turn around. My friend saw her too.


Sometimes we wait until we feel we are at the end of our rope before we call on the Lord. Change that strategy. Now that the first week of school is under our belt, I feel the need to send up a few extra requests.
Have you ever read the picture book First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg? Dad goes to wake his daughter for the first day of school, but she is hiding under the covers. We later discover that his daughter is a teacher who is nervous about starting at a new school.



My first day jitters were about my son starting school with a teacher new to his school and the mischief I know he can get into. My first day jitters were cause for prayer. This led me to also ponder other instances where prayed is needed.
5 signs that you need to pray…

1.      At the end of the first day of school your son’s teacher comes up to you and says, “I took his cell phone. The alarm rang during silent work.”

2.      Your friend asks you, “How is your other son doing?” You respond with, “who?” Poor boy gets no attention because you are focused on the other child.

3.      You only work part-time outside the home, but you still feel overworked.

4.      You told your child to stop bouncing a tennis ball in the house. He does it one last time and shatters the glass door on your china cabinet.

5.      You ask your teen to cut the grass, but he also cuts the water hose that was not properly put away. You discover this when you ask, “Why didn’t you cut the grass on the other side of the house?” His response, “The lawn mower stopped working.”

 Has your child ever done anything that caused you to pray a little harder?

No comments:

Post a Comment