Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Muffins with Mom – Photo Day

Photo Credit: Grace Home School Association

It’s senior year for my son and the days are starting to fly by. I received a reminder email from his school before Christmas break that read, “If you want your child’s photo in the yearbook, photos must be taken by January 7th.”

We scheduled the appointment with days to spare. I instructed my son to think about what he wanted to wear for the photos. The studio said to wear/bring a dress-up outfit, it was a requirement from the school.

The morning of the photo appointment I asked my son if he had selected something to wear. His response was, “something like that.”

I left to take care of errands. When I returned hours later, my son was asleep and it was almost time to leave for his appointment. I leaped into panic overdrive. Here’s how my son said the situation evolved.

“Get up and get ready, just put anything on.”

Once he was dressed, he claimed I said, “Don’t wear that it doesn’t look right. Make sure you have a belt on. What shoes are you going to wear? Hurry up it’s 1:59, we have to leave at 2:00.”

I don’t remember saying any of that, but I was frazzled. My son had all morning to get prepared and I wanted to be on time. We arrived in the nick of time. The photographer invited me into the room while she took the photos. I watched from my chair in the back of the room as the photographer positioned my son for different poses.

“Tilt your chin down and give me a smile,” she said.

I felt myself smiling from my spot in the background, but my son barely curved his lips. The photo shoot ended and we headed home, more relaxed. We were both glad photo day was behind us.

We received the photo proofs in the mail a couple of weeks later. The photos looked great, no signs of the frazzled day of preparation.

Do you have a photo day story to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment