Have you ever had a day where you felt like you could use an afternoon power nap? Well, some people take that needed nap…even if it’s at work. What would you say to your boss if he/she walked in your office and found you asleep at your desk? This might be a good time to start your work from home business.If you’re not in a position to start your own business, perhaps you could use one of the reasons below to explain your impromptu nap.
1. “This is just a 15 minute nap as described in the time management course you sent me.”
2. “Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out, you probably got here just in time!”
3. “I wasn’t sleeping. I was meditating on our mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm.”
4. “I was doing Yoga exercises to relieve work-related stress.”
5. “Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem.”
6. “Someone must have put decaf in the wrong pot…”
7. “…in Jesus name. Amen.”All of the above responses were obtained from citehr-community insights. Click here to see their complete list.
Below are a few caught sleeping excuses that I would add to the list.
8. I’m preparing for a sleep disorder test.
9. The dog at my kids’ homework, so I spent all night at the vet.
10. I am more productive after a nap.
What would you add to the list of things to say if caught sleeping at your desk?