Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 9, 2024

Fun Friday - Dare to have fun

A throwback photo - fun with a hula hoop in a store

When was the last time you did something just because it was fun? For me it happened yesterday. The sun was warm, not a cloud in the sky. It was my job to make sure the 60 people in my care were safe, and had a good time.

The soft leather seats of our motorcoach made for a relaxing ride to our destination - The Detroit Princess Riverboat. To set the atmosphere for our experience, I grabbed the microphone on the bus and let the group know that their bus was being taken over by Senior Services. Did I mention that everyone in our group was over the age of 50?

Back to the microphone...I flicked the switch on, tapped the top of the mic to be sure the volume was good, and began singing a Motown song. "

"I got sunshine, on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May..."

Everyone on the bus joined in, we were ready for the Motown Review that awaited us. We knew there would be dinner, dancing, and entertainment. What we didn't anticipate was a hula hoop contest, which leads to the video below.

After the Motown Review, the DJ took the stage and began playing hustle songs, other dance music, and then the hula hoop contest. When I saw the hula hoops come out, I pushed my chair back from the table where I was sitting. I weaved around other chairs and tables, and made my way to the stage.

The hula hoop is one of my favorite activities, so I engaged. I didn't have to win the contest (and I didn't), I just wanted to have fun. And I did.

Any time you can engage in a fun activity, do it.


 YouTube Video: A Hula Hoop Contest


Go out today and do something fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment