Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 3, 2019

Motivational Monday – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Repurpose your life

Photo Credit: Facebook


Reduce, reuse, recycle. This was a tagline that was branded on bumper stickers and other materials encouraging people to recycle. As a middle-aged woman (the new middle-age, past 40’s), I looked at the tagline differently. It’s time to reduce the number of unhealthy foods, reuse positive self-talk and affirmations, and recycle my old body into a healthier one.

My new motto is, work hard now in order to play hard later. This does not mean that play should be eliminated from your current life. There should always be a balance of work and play in a healthy lifestyle. What this motto does mean is this, be prepared. What can you do now to contribute to your, happily ever after?

Do you have a hobby that you would engage in more often if time or money were not an issue? Can you turn that hobby into a revenue stream? Better yet, ask yourself, how can I turn my hobby into a money maker? What problem will your product solve for a potential customer or client?

I like the saying, turn your mess into your message. Depending on the night, I can be a hot mess…literally. Between hot flashes and night sweats, I am often a menopausal mess. I put my complaining on paper in the form of blog posts and eventually my book Menopause Ain’t No Joke. My thought was I can’t be the only one experiencing this.

Click here to view more

Faith and humor were my solutions to bring relief to those who may be feeling the effects of menopause. As a bonus, men who read the book experience ah-ha moment. One man told me, “The dog doesn’t even go near my wife when she is experiencing a menopausal moment.” I share all of this to say, create your additional revenue stream.

Reduce, reuse, recycle. Use this tagline to repurpose your life, to prepare for your next chapter. What do you need to reduce in your life to get to where you want to be? Create affirmations that you can reuse to keep you motivated. When you discover success, recycle the process.

It’s never too late to start over. Get going now.

No comments:

Post a Comment