Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Fun Friday – Do you believe in magic?


Photo credit
Have you heard the names David Copperfield or Harry Houdini? When I asked my teen boys the same question, they responded that they had never heard of these magicians. Although my boys have not heard these names, I know they believe in magic.
I enjoy the entertainment of a good magic show, but I didn’t know I would one day play the role of a magician. It happens every time a container becomes empty in our house. More than once, I’ve watched a toilet paper roll or paper towel roll sit bare. Waiting to be replaced. Do you know what happens? Like magic they are replaced.
As hard as I try not to use my magic and replace empty rolls or throw away empty cereal boxes left on the table, the magic appears. With a twitch of my nose or a sprinkle of fairy dust the replacement happens. It’s difficult to walk past the items and not do something about them.
When I’ve said my teens why they didn’t replace a particular item, the response is, “I was going to do it later.” Later never comes.
Do you believe in magic? What magical episodes have you experienced with your kids lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment