Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Fun Friday – 5 Fun facts and ways to celebrate National Pizza Month



Photo credit
What are your favorite pizza toppings, are you a meat lover, veggie lover or a little bit of everything kind of person? October is National Pizza Month, how will you celebrate?

Both of my teens love pizza, they would eat it every night if I let them. There have been a couple of occasions when pizza was delivered to our house and I didn’t even know it was coming. I heard the doorbell chime and asked the boys if they were expecting company.

“I’ll get it,” my son yelled from his bedroom.

It wasn’t until I descended the carpeted stairway that the aroma drifted to my nostrils.
“You ordered pizza?” I stated matter of factly.

“Yes, I was saving you from having to cook dinner.”
I don’t remember him willingly offering me any of his pizza, so I’m not sure how he rescued me from having to cook. After all I had to eat too.

My oldest teen ordered pizza so much that he had a regular delivery guy.
Despite pizza being snuck into our home, I will still celebrate National Pizza Month. While we eat pizza, I will challenge my younger teen with trivia questions. Maybe I will Skype my older teen to include him, since he is away at college now.

Below are trivia facts that you could use to impress your friends and family.

1.      The average pizzeria uses roughly 55 pizza boxes per day.

2.      It’s estimated that around 251,770,000 pounds of pepperoni are consumed every year in the U.S.

3.      94% of Americans eat pizza regularly, while 93% said they had eaten it in the last month.

4.      Super Bowl Sunday is one of the top 5 days in the year for pizza sales.

5.      Kids ages 3 to 11 said they prefer pizza over any other food group for lunch and dinner.

National Pizza Month is a good time to think outside of the (pizza) box. Do something differently than you usually do? If you usually eat a round pizza, try a square one. If you’re looking for activities do with the kids to celebrate pizza month, try one of the suggestions below.

1.      Make a pizza collage

2.      Make a paper apron

3.      Make a pizza game and play it with the entire family

4.      Set up a dramatic play area to resemble a pizzeria

5.      Make homemade pizza for lunch. Click here for recipe.

What would you add to the list of ways to celebrate National Pizza Month?

No comments:

Post a Comment