Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Muffins with Mom – What does your attire say about you?

"Rattle snake" patterned pajamas...according to a couple of teens.

Kids are notorious for blurting out the first thing that pops into their head. Well, my kids are guilty of this.
I was digging for something in one of my dresser drawers the other day. I stumbled across a set of pajamas I hadn’t worn in a couple of years. It was a warm night, but cool in the house with the air on. I decided to sleep in the satin (faux) print pajama pants with matching tank top.

Before I could slip on my robe for added comfort, my oldest son appeared at my bedroom door. He looked at me and said, “You look like a rattle snake.” He called his brother, “come look at Mama.”
I was on display as the rattle snake woman. I guess it was the pattern of the print that gave me my new look.

I’m sure I have a closet full of items that my kids could give names to. About a year ago it was the Skittles dress. The dress had so many colors that my son said it looked like a pack of Skittles burst open.
 
The Skittles dress
I bet they don’t remember the Big Bird blouse I own. When I purchased the blouse, the clerk at the store told me that was the name of that particular style top. The top is kind of feathery like Big Bird from Sesame Street.
The Big Bird blouse
 
 

I’ve never considered myself a flamboyant person when it comes to clothes, but now I’m beginning to wonder. My favorite attire? Comfortable and practical. If my attire happens to appear flamboyant at times, I chalk it up to my inner oddness.

Shortly after my pajama incident, I slithered into bed and left the boys (teenagers) to fend for themselves.

Do you have attire that dramatically alters you normal look? Or kids that say the first thing out of their mouths about your appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment