Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Fun Friday – 5 Signs that you are doing too much multi-tasking



What does too much multitasking look like?
Photo credit
 
Do you consider yourself a multi-tasking parent? I’ve always been proud of the moments that I accomplish multiple tasks in a given day. However, on a recent occasion I discovered the end result of too much multi-tasking.
When I left work the other day, I had two hours before I had to arrive at Senior Honors Night at my son’s school. This was just enough time to run a couple of errands. So off I went. I stopped by a fundraiser at a former job, went home and made a salad, grabbed a Diet Coke and went back out the door.

I made it to Senior Night on time and selected a seat in the top tier of the auditorium. It was half way through the event that I discovered that I tried to accomplish too much that day. The lights in the seating areas were dimmed with the stage lights turned up to focus on the Seniors.

Scholarship awards were presented, Summa Cum Laude names were announced, and I fell asleep…twice. I awoke and started clapping with the rest of the audience. That day I had taken multi-tasking to the extreme. I tried to do TOO much.

So, how do you know if you are doing too much multi-tasking? Here are 5 signs

1.      Your weekend is filled with going to your kids events.

2.      While cleaning your kitchen after breakfast, you put the milk in the pantry and the cereal box in the refrigerator (or some other strange combination).

3.      You call to schedule a doctor’s appointment for one child, but mistakenly give the receptionist information about the other child (eg. Birthdate of the other child).

4.      You dial a number to call someone, by the time the person answers, you’ve forgotten who you were calling.

5.      You have several activities going on at once – preparing dinner, helping with homework, folding laundry and probably some other task.

Have you experienced an instance lately where you realized you were doing too much? How did you handle the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment