Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, September 5, 2016

Muffins with Mom –A chronicle of Pre-Labor Day festivities


How do you celebrate Labor Day?  For me it’s friends, family, fellowship AND time to myself.
“Let’s have our Labor Day get together before Labor Day,” my brother said.

“Sounds good to me.”

I hung up the phone ecstatic because now I could spend time with my family and friends, AND have time to myself the day before going back to work.

The pre Labor Day celebration began Friday morning with breakfast with friends, then a journey with mom. I say journey because we can’t spend time together without something happening. Maybe it’s me, the oddness of a situation seems to be drawn to me.

Mom and I were driving to the library to work on a couple of projects. While we were stopped at a red light I looked over at a message on her dash board. It instructed us not to read the message while driving (photo below). It’s a good thing I wasn’t the one driving.



Fortunately, mom and I arrived at the library safe and sound. Before we made it through the doors of the library, we were drawn to the life like sculptures at the entrance. We could not resist a photo opportunity.





After the photo shoot, we went inside the library and searched for a spot we could sit and distract each further from beginning our individual projects. Mission accomplished. We sat at a large table where we could spread out our materials. I set up my laptop, then mom showed me photos on her phone. Distraction completed.

We finally, worked about an hour on our projects then stopped for an early dinner before I had to rush off to my son’s football game. It was a day well spent, doing a little of everything and nothing at the same time.



Off to my brother’s house to enjoy everything grilled and more adventures with mom.

As you read this post, I will be spending the day at home, opening all of my windows, letting the breeze blow through the house. Time to enjoy the simple things in life. Wishing you a Labor Day filled with everything you want to do. Make it a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment