Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Fun Friday – College Spring Break

photo credit
Have you traveled to any fun places during spring break? When I was in college I didn’t have the luxury opportunity to travel during spring break. My travel included the one hour drive from school to home. So I was supportive of my college freshman wanting to travel with friends during spring break.
My son called and told me where he and his friends were planning to go for spring break. A few days later, the location had changed to a different city. The more his plans changed, the more questions I began to ask.
“So, how are you getting there?" I asked.  "It takes money.” 
“We have it worked out. We’re going to share the cost,” he said.
“You don’t have a job, what part are you sharing!?”
“Oh yeah, I’m gonna need some money.”
I wondered how long it would take for him to mention money. I let my son know that his heavenly father is rich in houses and land, but here on earth we are regular laymen.
My son didn’t let the issue rest there, he continued by giving me his closing argument. He told me, “The Lord loves a cheerful giver.”
“Yes, and It’s better to give than to receive. So show me your money.”
He conceded…for the moment. I can hardly wait to see what my son comes up with next.
Do you have any spring break stories, past or present?

4 comments:

  1. I have really never traveled on spring break. This year will be an exception. I'm kind of wondering how crazy it's going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post, made me chuckle. It reminded me of spring break time for my baby, child number three (now thirty-something). Sounds like a conversation he and I would have had under the same circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Our kids always seen to come up with something to make us laugh.

      Delete