Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Muffins with Mom – An Attitude of Gratitude



photo credit
Growing up, I heard my grandmother use the phrase, I might not be where I want to be, but I’m not where I used to be. I was reminded of this saying as I read through one of my journal entries from this time last year. At this time last year I was working two and a half part-time jobs to make ends meet.
The half job, as I call it was substitute teaching. I only took assignments occasionally when I had a day off from one of the other jobs. Today I am in a better place, working one full time job and I am thankful for the strength that kept me pushing forward during those challenging years.
Below is a poem I posted a couple of years ago, but it is worth presenting again. May you find the strength you need to push forward each day.

Strength

Yes Lord, it's me again and like always I'm in need
Though not for fame and fortune my heart is without greed.
I'm just weary from the burdens and the strength I seem to lack
I'm not asking for a lighter load, Lord I just need a stronger back.
There are times when the road gets rough and it's hard to carry on
When rest always seems out of reach and all but faith is gone.
Make my mind think clearly and use the wisdom it's acquired
Don't let decisions come in haste when my body becomes tired.
My feet always seem smaller than the shoes I need to fill
And that's when I still need you Lord and know I always will.
Alone in weakness I would falter but if you'll walk by my side
I can persevere in troubled times and within your strength abide.
When my knees start to tremble and I fear that I may fall
I bow my head and close my eyes and on you Lord I call.
And I pray that you'll walk with me as I strive along my way
To give me strength when I am weak and courage when I'm afraid.
No I don't want a lighter load when this weight is all I've known
All I ask for in times like these is the strength to carry on.

By Roy Benton Freeman Sr.
 
What are you grateful for today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment