The best part about flying, is going through TSA (Transportation Security Administration) check points. Have you ever heard anyone declare this as a truth? Well, I know it to be so.
Some people dread that line that snakes back and forth around metal pole stanchions, which end with a request to view your boarding pass and photo identification. I felt the same way until…something beeped and I was asked to step to the side.
My long twists were pulled back in a ponytail with some dangling over my chest. The TSA woman pulled my hair back with her gloved hands, then gently squeezed the top of my head. Next she rubbed her hands across my shoulder and down my back.
My body almost went limp as I relaxed for just a minute. I told the kind woman, “Could you do that one more time? My shoulder is stiff on the right side.” She showed me her pearly whites and moved on to the next traveler.
I enjoyed a head and back massage and didn’t have to leave a tip. I’m not yet a seasoned air traveler, but I have learned a few things along the way. Below are five things you must know if you’re planning to travel by airplane.
1. Wear clothing that does not require a belt – this will mean one less item to remove when going through security.
2. Wear socks/footies – 90 % of the time you will have to remove your shoes. The other 10%, you may be lucky and receive the priority check-in.
3. Take a neck pillow – this is convenient for you and the person seated next to you. The neck pillow could potentially prevent you from dozing off and laying your head on a strangers shoulder.
4. Ear buds – good in the event that you want to pretend you’re listening to music or you can really listen to music.
5. Pack your patience – don’t leave home without it. You probably already know that things don’t always go as planned. Take a book, word search puzzle, something to occupy your time in the event you experience a delay.
The next time you’re considering you flight plan, remember the must haves from the list above. What would you add to the list?