Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Muffins with Mom – The True Story of the Wolf and Grandma


I have to admit that I have a fondness for fractured fairy tales. One of my favorite tales is The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs (as told by the wolf). Every now and then I am faced with the need to tell my own version of a fractured fairy tale. Today’s tale is The True Story of the Wolf and Grandma.
In my tale, the wolf is not big and bad, but a teen a boy who knows how to get his way with his Grandma.
On a mid-December chilly day, we went to visit Grandma (my mother), she had a few requests of her little wolf. “Can you fix my T.V. for me?”
“Sure Granny,” he said in a gentle voice.
And that was the beginning of the wolf using his sensitive side to win Grandma’s heart.
After repairing my mother’s TV, my son also took out trash and raked what was left of fallen leaves in the yard.
His reward was coins from Grandma’s coin jar. At Granny’s house there was not a cookie jar with sweet treats that her grandkids loved to dip into. Instead, there was a coin jar filled with loose change that Granny tossed in regularly.
As we prepared to leave Grandma’s house, little wolf embraced his Granny and said, “Do you need me to do anything else before we go?”
Satisfied with the accomplishments of little wolf, Granny kissed her grandchild and said, “No darling, you’ve done enough for Granny today.”
That was not the end of the story.
Upon arriving home, I asked little wolf to put away the dishes. His response was, “I’m too tired.”

And that was the true side of the little wolf.

Do you have a parenting experience that relates to a fairytale?

No comments:

Post a Comment