Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Muffins with Mom –Home for the Holidays


What do you do when a family member comes home for the Holiday’s? My college son came home for the Holiday’s, but he didn’t really stay home. I believe he is enjoying his freshman year. I’m not sure because his brother dominated the conversation for the first two hours. Then they prepared to hang out with friends.
Before my teens left on their journey to reconnect with old friends, we managed to squeeze in a brief conversation and take a few photos. It wasn’t until the next day that it was my turn to visit with my son a while.
 
After church, the boys and I went shopping for a Christmas gift for their younger cousin. It was out first trip to the toy section of the store in a long time. Having teenage boys, we spend a lot of time in the electronics section of the store.
As we searched for an ideal gift, we also played. Who can go to the toy section without playing with something? My younger teen came over to me and said, “Mom, I want you to be safe.” He plopped a shark or dinosaur bike helmet on top of my head. Both boys took out their phones and said, “I’m putting this on Snap Chat.”
 
Since my boys were exploiting my silliness, I told them to take a photo with my phone too. There must be something about Sunday afternoon shopping that brings out the silly in my family members.
It wasn’t long before we were back in the car and on our way home. My younger son asked me, “What are you going to do when you get old and don’t have kids at home anymore. And you don’t have anything to blog about?”
“I’ll still read and write,” I told him.
“Hmmm, that sounds boring,” he said.
“I can always come and live with you.”
“Reading and writing might not be so bad for you.”
There were no more questions asked of me on the ride home. The next episode of Muffins with Mom will post right after family comes to visit us for pre- Christmas dinner. I’m sure there will be something interesting to share.
I’m feeling like Dorothy for the Wizard of Oz…”there’s no place like home” (for the Holidays).
Has your Holiday season begun yet?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment