Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Fun Friday – Do you see what I see? Taking care of your eyes

photo credit: Amcon Labs


Have you ever had your eyes dilated? Once the process is complete the doctor sends you home with sunshades and tells you “be careful.” My mom did not follow directions. On the drive home, the sun was blinding, but the shades were helpful.

Mom did not drive straight home, she stopped at a convenience store for a cup of coffee. Distorted vision did not stop her from filling her coffee cup and adding the desired cream and sweetener. After making the purchase, mom sat in her car typing a text message.

A few moments passed and a tall grey-haired woman wearing sunglasses, grabbed mom’s car door and pulled it open. My mother screamed…the woman screamed. The woman spoke broken English “I sorry, I thought it was my car. Color look alike.” Her grey car was parked next to mom’s white car.

It would appear that both my mother and the friendly stranger had their eyes dilated that day. And both needed to pay attention to their surroundings.

Just when you think you are the only one who can’t see…you’re not alone. Take care of your eyes. Follow the doctor’s orders if he/she tells you to do something. Be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment