Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, February 9, 2018

Fun Friday – 5 signs you have extremely dry skin

photo credit: livestrong.com

Dressed in a knee length skit and tights, I was ready for the work day. My son shared a ride to work with me. During our drive, I rubbed my hands across my tights while sitting at a traffic light. My son said, “What is that crackling sound?”

“My hands?!”

Yes indeed, my hands were causing a crackling, popping sound as I rubbed them across my leg. It should not sound like a fire kindling when my hands touch nylon/cotton fabric. Do you think you may have extremely dry skin, but you’re not sure? Just for fun, here are 3 signs that you have dry skin.

1.      Sandpaper like hands

2.      Spaces between your fingers are white

3.      Your feet create a popping sound as they glide across a blanket

4.      Your lips hurt when you smile

5.      Cuts on your fingertips

When winter weather wreaks havoc on your skin what can you do? Take extra precautions. Here are 3 simple things you can do to protect your skin.

1.      Moisturize your skin – experts say you should apply your lotions to damp skin as this helps to seal in moisture.

2.      Wear Chapstick

3.      Keep your skin covered – wear gloves, hat

On the drive home from work, while stopped at another traffic light, I reflected over the day. This time, rubbing hands across my tights, there was no snap, crackle, pop. I kept my hands moisturized and I was wearing gloves.

What tips do you have for taking care of extremely dry skin?



No comments:

Post a Comment