Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, December 25, 2017

Muffins with Mom – Home for the Holidays


Dashing through the snow from school in the East was my son. His early arrival was a surprise as he appeared at my office door and said, “Angie…” It was his attempt to imitate someone other than himself. And that was the beginning of my Holiday with family.



As tradition would have it, my family gathered at my house on a Saturday afternoon, for our pre-Christmas dinner. Anticipating food, laughter and love, they did not leave disappointed. In our midst were cousins, nieces, nephews and others. It was the stories of my seven-year-old grand-nephew that drew attention.

My niece shared her conversation with her son:

Niece:              “Your teacher said that you need to spend more time reading. So, we need to turn off the T.V. so you can practice reading.”
Her son:          “Just turn on the closed caption and I’ll read that.”

In another conversation, my niece had the following conversation with her son when he misbehaved:

Niece:              “I’m going to call Santa and tell him that you are not doing what I asked.”

Her son:          “Let’s Face Time him so I can tell my side of the story.”

Kids are so precious. Speaking of precious kids, while everyone was home for the Holiday, we took a picture of the kids table. Things have certainly changed over the years, my little kids are full grown. My nieces and nephews who used to be the teens at the table, now have jobs and kids of their own.

The kids table...a new generation.


My mother has taken over as the matriarch of the family. My brother and I are the old family members at the dinner who want sleep after eating. And the kids…they are all together for the holidays still silly, still mischievous and yet, still loving.

What is your Home for the Holidays story?

Wishing you a blessed Holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment