Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 6, 2017

Fun Friday – Fitness and Nutrition

photo credit: eat this, not that

Did you know that fitness and nutrition go hand in hand? It’s like a marriage, they work better together. I have heard this often, but it has been a challenge to get the nutrition aspect together.

If you want to accomplish something bad enough, you have to make a change. A friend of mine always says, “Nothing changes, until something changes.” The time is now to focus on improving your health.

For fear of being called a hypocrite, I am taking my own advice. I have joined a group of women at the fitness gym, who are taking on a nutrition challenge. Our trainer has identified a meal plan for us to follow for the next eight weeks.

One of the items on our list of nutritional foods is Ezekiel bread. Several of the ladies raved over this item. When I first heard the name, I unclear as to what was being said, so I repeated it, “EZee Key-o?” No that wasn’t it. Then it finally clicked. Ezekiel.

I’m no proficient Bible scholar, but I make an effort to keep learning. I know Ezekiel was a prophet from the Bible. Anyway, I went to the grocery store in search of the bread named after the prophet. It didn’t take long for me to find it in the organic section.

As I looked at the price posted just below the bread, I had to readjust my glasses…$5.99? Is it me, or does it seem like it’s more expensive to eat healthy? Several odd questions popped in my head, as they sometimes do.
Does this bread cost more because it comes with a scripture? “Thou shalt eat healthy.”
Is Ezekiel bread like the fortune cookie of the Bible, with a message included?
Are Martha and Mary coming to my house to help serve this bread?

If you have decided to make fitness and nutrition a regular part of your life, start now. Have fun with it and don’t give up.

“The only way to fail is to give up.”  Susan Lieurance-The Morning Nudge
It may cost a little more to eat healthy, but the ultimate results are worth it. Make a change for self-improvement.


No comments:

Post a Comment