Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Fun Friday – Fitness and Nutrition – Eating Healthy


“Don’t play with your food.” Have you ever said this statement to your child? Me too. Throw that thought out the door. I’m telling you to play with your food. Jazz up your nutrition plan, try different food combinations.

Now that I’ve told you what to do, I must live by my own words. Last week I tried Ezekiel bread. It’s not too bad toasted or untoasted with peanut butter. This week I tried Ezekiel cereal. I didn’t know there were so many products with this name. I chose both items because of their nutritional value (and because my nutrition coach mentioned the items).

I did not realize that both the bread and the cereal came with the scripture from Ezekiel 9. It reads, “Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar to make bread for yourself.” Not only am I learning to eat healthy, but I’m learning Bible verses along the way.

As part of a fitness and nutrition challenge that I signed up for, our group took a Grocery Store Tour recently. We learned to read labels, how to manage our salt/sugar intake, and how to make healthier food choices. Hence my Ezekiel experiences.

Another new food item I introduced to my body was quinoa (keen-wah). Prior to the grocery store tour, I purchased a microwavable quinoa meal prepared in a buttery sauce. It was yummy. During the tour I whispered this to a group member. She smiled at me and said, “I don’t think you were supposed to have the butter sauce.”

I smiled back at her and said, “Baby steps.”


I encourage you on your fitness and nutrition journey to take baby steps. Just begin somewhere. Small gradual changes add up. Add a new item next time you grocery shop. Play with your food by trying new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment