Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, September 11, 2017

Muffins with Mom – The lighter side of parenting


It was near the end of my work day when my young adult son sent me a text message. I have learned over the years that my boys tend to exaggerate a situation to their benefit. The text message read, “Ma, I’m hungry and there’s nothing in the fridge except baking soda and Italian dressing.”

I knew my son was way off base because I knew for a fact that there was milk in the fridge too. After I belted out a laugh, I told him so. In reality there was food that my son could have eaten, there just weren’t as many choices as he would have liked. I told my son, “You can always go to the grocery store. No need to wait for me.”

It was all a matter of perception. There was food available. My son didn’t like the choices.



School Supplies
My son who is away at college sent me a text message saying, “I need school supplies.” I asked him about supplies before he went away to school, but he wanted to wait until classes started. He had just a couple of requests, so I trudged off to the local store in search of the items.

Once at the store I noticed the usual aisles and aisles of school supplies were no longer there. I roamed around a while longer in a different section of the store. The choices were slim. I sent a text to my son, “You’re out of luck buddy, the school supplies have been replaced with Halloween stuff.”

I told my son that he would have to check for supplies on his own, my attempt was complete.

…and the moral of the stories, plan ahead.


What funny parenting situations have you experienced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment