Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Fun Friday – The lighter side of parenting

Guess who?

“A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth, from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around.”
                                                                                                                              -Carolyn Birmingham

I participated in a pageant recently. There were many days of rehearsals and outings with the other ladies. My mom was excited about my journey as a contestant. One day she was talking with an acquaintance about the pageant. She told the woman, “My daughter is in a pageant.”

The woman said, “Oh, how old is your little girl?”

My mom said, “She’s 51.”

The Birthday
A friend recently celebrated her birthday 40 something birthday. On the morning of my friend’s birthday, her twelve year old daughter burst into her bedroom.
“Guess who’s turning 45?” her daughter said.
“Not me,” my friend said. “I’m 44.”
“Mom, I thought you were 45. I guess I messed that one up.”
“Yes, you did. You can run back over to the door and start over.”

Aging
The last time I had to renew my drivers’ license at the Secretary of State office. The clerk had me read an eye chart. She could clearly see that I was wearing glasses, so why put me through the torture of squinting and trying to read those little letters? But she did.

I pressed my forehead against the desk top machine and tried to adjust my eyes in the appropriate lenses (glasses on). The letters were fading in an out and looked like they were floating. I read them aloud very slowly, A….E…no, B. She stopped me and said, “thank you.”

She took out her industrial sized stamper and stamped my paper work. When I looked at the paper, the large red words read, CORRECTIVE LENSES. I could have just told her that I need my glasses to drive.

Find something today that makes you grin, chuckle or just burst out in laughter. Remember that a smile increases your face value.


No comments:

Post a Comment