Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, September 8, 2017

Feel Good Friday - National Grandparents Day

Photo Credit: Dekh News

National Grandparents Day is celebrated on September 10th, what are your plans for this day? My mother has always been excited about spending time with her “grand babies.” Although her youngest grand baby is almost 18 years old, she still welcomes moments of togetherness.

When my children were younger they were always excited about a trip to Granny’s house. They liked going to her house and bouncing on her bed like it was a trampoline. Sometimes they would play card games with Granny or mix up some concoction in her kitchen.

I too, loved going to my grandparent’s house. There was something special and different about doing things with my grandparents. If you are fortunate to still have your grandparents around, National Grandparents Day is a great opportunity do something special for them.

Below are 3 ways you can celebrate National Grandparents Day.

1.      Celebrate with a special dinner – have the kids help prepare a special meal or dessert.
2.      Take a family photo – if the kids are crafty, have them make a special frame for the photo or buy one of those specialty frames that say I love my grandparents.
3.      Visit someone in a nursing home – brighten someone’s day who may not have family near.

Bonus
4.      Spend time chatting with your grandparents, sharing family stories, and reflecting.








What would you add to the list of ways to celebrate Grandparents Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment