|photo credit: Gloria Dei Kids|
Notebooks, markers, pencils, crayons and backpacks…all of these items now line the store shelves. There are plenty of school supplies that can fill your child’s backpack. This year why not throw in a few blessings?
Sometimes kids are anxious about the start of a new school year. Slip a little something special in your child’s back each for a week or any time frame you decide. Below are 5 ideas to get you started.
1. Write a poem – Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, I packed a special treat just for you (it’s ok to be corny).
2. Draw a happy face (or picture of a sun) on a yellow piece of paper and write the words, “You are my sunshine.” Tuck the piece of paper into one of your child’s books.
3. Pack one of your child’s favorite treats.
4. Create coupons for your child and put one in her backpack each day (eg. Good for one day with no chores or good for staying up 30 minutes past bedtime).
5. Give thanks for all the blessings you already have.
Parents what would you pack in your Backpack of Blessings. Here are a few ideas for you.
1. Thirty minutes of uninterrupted relax time.
2. An evening of family time (doing something together)
3. A good book
4. Being able to help someone in need
5. Give thanks for your journey and the things you have overcome.
If all the notebooks, markers, pencils and crayons were emptied form the store shelves, what would you stuff in your Backpack of Blessings?