Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Muffins with Mom – Happiness is…


One item after the next slowly slid across the conveyor belt as I waited for the guy in front of me to unload all of the groceries from his cart. While waiting, I browsed magazine covers that were on the end cap of the aisle. The cover of Time read “The Science of Happiness.”

As I began to skim through the article, the final item on the conveyor belt was stuffed into a bag. I didn’t have a chance to read the article, but the title did stir a few thoughts. What does happiness look like? Stop and think about that moment. How would you fill in the blank, Happiness is______________________.

I’ll start with a few ideas. For me Happiness is…
·         Spending time with family & friends
·         Laughter (laughing with friends, laughing at myself)
·         Reading a good book










As you discover your happiness, identify the things that affect your happiness – the good, the bad and the ugly. Here are 3 things you can do to experience happiness.

·         Smile
·         Show gratitude
·         Give – it has been said that giving provides physical and emotional benefits. You connect socially, you feel thankful and this may encourage others to give as well.

Since I seem to be stuck on a list of 3’s, here is a Recipe for Happiness that includes 3 ingredients.
·         1 Scoop of ripe friendships
·         1 Dash of love
·         Sprinkle with joy
Stir ingredients through all circumstances, until well blended.

Back home after my grocery shopping trip, I unloaded my few items. A wave of happiness filled my mind, body and spirit. I was grateful…grateful for the little things that filled the day with joy.
What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment