Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Fun Friday – When teens say the darnest things and other observations

photo credit

Senior Skip Day
My teen son came in my bedroom the other night and announced, “Ma tomorrow is Senior skip day.”

My response was, “Oh, that’s good. You can stay home and help clean the house.”

It didn’t take my son long to retreat from my room and decide to prepare for his next day at school.

New Hairstyle
I recently changed my hairstyle; it was a distinctive change that took getting used to for me. In fact, the first time I walked past a mirror with my new look, I had to do a double take. I didn’t recognize the person looking back at me.

Just when I was getting used to my look, my son had a revelation. He said, “How long are you going to keep that hairstyle? It makes you look older.”

“Older than what…dirt, sand?”

I think my son forgot that I AM older.



Child Proof Containers
Have you ever had to struggle to open a container that had a child proof cap on it? Yes..? Me too. Then there are the child proof caps that are difficult to reattach. For example…

As I searched for something in my purse, I noticed a chalky substance at the bottom of my purse. Upon further investigation, I discovered a few pain relievers (over the counter headache relief). Not far away was the container, upside down, with the cap off.

It was obvious that the child proof cap had gotten the best of me and refused to stay in place.





What funny observations have you experienced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment