Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, June 24, 2016

Fun Friday – What children say when they pray


When children pray the outcome is often honest and innocently funny. Take a look below at the instances I came across that occurred when children pray.

Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room. After a while he emerged and informed his mother that he had thought it over and then said a prayer. “Fine” said the pleased mother. “If you ask God to help you not misbehave, he will.” “Oh, I didn’t ask Him to help me not misbehave,” said Johnny. I asked Him to help you put up with me.”

A mother was teaching her three-year-old the Lord’s Prayer. For several evenings at bedtime she repeated it after her mother. One night she said she was ready to go solo. The mother listened with pride as she enunciated each word, right up to the end of the prayer. “Lead us not into temptation,” she prayed, “but deliver us some e-mail. Amen”

Little Johnny was softly saying his night prayers kneeling down. And his mother was beside him. “Say your prayers a little louder darling, I can’t hear you, said little Johnny’s mother. “But, I’m not talking to you,” was the instant reply.

A little boy was overheard praying: “Lord if you can’t make me a better boy, don’t worry about it. I’m having a real good time just the way I am.”

One particular four-year-old prayed: “And forgive us our trash baskets, as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets.”

For more fun children’s prayers, click here.

What funny thing have you heard a child say lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment