Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Fun Friday – Teens and cell phones


Has your teen ever had trouble disconnecting from his cell phone? My son has this problem quite frequently. He is constantly doing something on his phone, Snapchat, texting, playing a game, it’s never ending.

One Sunday I arrived at church before my teen son, as I slid onto a pew, I heard the soft buzz of my phone inside my purse. It was my son asking, “What time does church start?” I quickly responded then silenced my phone to avoid further interruption.

A short while later my son arrived at church and plopped down on the corner pew right next to me. Two seconds later he had his phone in his hand, playing a game. I nudged him with my elbow and he stopped playing…momentarily.

My son would put his phone down for short periods of time, then pick it up again. I finally turned away from me, pulled my phone from my purse and typed a text message to my son, “Put your phone away.”

After a few seconds the message I sent must have showed up, my son lifted his head, looked at me and said, “Wow.” He got the message. I didn’t have any trouble the rest of the service.


What has been your experience with teens and cell phones?

No comments:

Post a Comment