Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Fun Friday – A Youthful task


photo credit
It’s an honor to be asked to take on a leadership role. It means someone has confidence in your abilities…maybe…sometimes. Maybe they think you fit the characteristics of the person needed to carry out a task. And so the story goes.
One Sunday after church, one of our senior citizen members came up to my friend and me with a gleam in her eye and a smile on her face.
“I want to talk to the two of you,” she said. “We need to plan activities/outings for the young women of the church, something fun to get them involved. You two are young, you can relate to them.”
My friend and I looked at each other and tried to stifle a laugh. I spoke first.
“Thanks for thinking of us, but you do know that I’m almost half a century old. Somebody about 20 years younger might be a better fit.” She didn’t realize that I just received ANOTHER invite to become an AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) member.
I do believe the saying, "You're only as old as you feel." I'm feeling pretty good, so I take that mistaken identity of being called young, as a compliment.
Have you had a humorous experience lately?
When your kids talk you into doing something crazy youthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment