Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bubble Bath Day – A reason to relax

photo credit

Today’s post is in honor of National Bubble Bath Day, which is celebrated on January 8th. You still have time to get your bubble plans in order.
Bubble Bath Day is a great opportunity to cleanse your skin, open your pores and relax your muscles while surrounded by bubbles. Read a book or listen to music as let any tension and stress float away.
My advice is to tune out everything around you relax.  I attempted this the other day, things didn’t go as planned, but I adjusted and made the situation work. Here’s what happened.
I decided a bubble bath would be soothing. I turned on the hot water in the bathtub, distributed a cup of Calgon Chamomile and Honey Epson salt, added bubbles and waited for the water to fill the tub.
After a couple of minutes, I checked the temperature of the water, it was lukewarm at best. I dare to say, it was slightly cold. I immediately stopped the flow of water. There was no way I was dipping a toe in that less than inviting water.
It was long before I discovered the source of my cold bath water. One of my teen boys was in the shower and had let the water run… a long time, before he even got in. All of the hot water was gone.
There would not be very many bubbles for me, but I refused to let that Calgon go to waste. I put the tea kettle on, a couple of times, made trips up and down the stairs and finally had a warm bubble bath. There was just enough water for me to exfoliate my feet.
Perhaps for National Bubble Bath Day I will indulge in a real bubble bath.
 
 
Have a little fun
 
Will you celebrate National Bubble Bath Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment