Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Muffins with Mom – Release a little “silly” into your day


Have you ever had a day where you felt like being a little silly? It was evident to me that my teen was enjoying his silly side when he left a voicemail message on my cell phone. This is the son who is away at college, I think he was missing home.
My son talked with a nasally voice as he left this message… “Hey Angie, its Bob calling from the office, I won’t be able to make it in tomorrow. Sorry about the late notice and inconvenience. My daughter has a recital, I just can’t miss it.”
The phone message did not end with my son’s fake work call. He did say, “Just playing” but he then continued talking as though I was on the phone with him.
“I just got off work and I’m bored. Let me tell you what happened to me today. I got a cold sore and don’t know how. The Blistix I have is not working, I guess it’s just a chapstick. So I had to spend my last $2 on a new Blistex.”
The message continued…
“Call me back when you get this message. I didn’t want anything, just calling to see how you were doing. I guess you’re sleep since its 12am there.”
When I finally listened to my son’s 2:30 minute message it was 5:30am. I thought about returning his call saying, “Hey Bob its mom, I guess you’re probably sleep since its 4:30am. Just calling to say hi and help you get your day started.”
 
Has your child ever helped you experience a little “silly”?

No comments:

Post a Comment