1. Shouting to make your children obey is like using the horn to steer your car, and you get about the same results.
2. The right temperature in a home is maintained by warm hearts, not by hot heads.
3. Life’s golden age is when the kids are too old to need baby-sitters and too young to borrow the family car.
4. A child outgrows your lap, but never outgrows your heart.
5. God gave you two ears and one mouth…so you should listen twice as much as you talk.
6. There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, hire someone to do it, or forbid your children to do it.
7. Cleaning your house while your kids are at home is like trying to shovel the driveway during a snowstorm.
8. Adolescence is the age at which children stop asking questions because they know all the answers.
9. An alarm clock s a device for awakening people who don’t have small children.
10. Kids really brighten a household; they never turn off any lights.
Do you have any parenting words of wisdom to share?