Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Words of Wisdom - Are you tryong to be "All the Moms?"


Photo credit
Have you ever felt like a one stop mom? It’s kind of like the advertisements that say, ‘one stop shopping’ where you find everything at one store. On any given day you may feel like you’re The Soccer Mom, The Carpooling Mom, The Volunteering Mom, and the titles go on.
An article at iBelieve.com says, stop trying to be ‘All the Moms.” If you don’t keep up with all of these self-imposed expectations, it does not mean that you have failed or are a bad mom. The article asks “What does it mean to be a Christian Mom? Click here for full article.
Here are your words of wisdom quotes for today:
“Every day that we wake up is a good day. Every breath that we take is filled with hope for a better day. Every word that we speak is a chance to change what is bad into something good.” – Walter Mosley
“It’s time to start living the life you imagined.” – Henry James (American writer and author)

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to the idea of trying to be all mums. I guess we, do what we feel needs doing most often than not. It has felt in the past that there has been little choice in the matter!.
    Still, I love Walter Mosley.. and I love that quote. I'm trying to live that life I imagined... :).
    ..feels good when I do that too

    ReplyDelete