Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Fun Friday – All in a day’s work



The garage door at my job was similar to this one.
Photo credit
Has anything funny happened to you on the job lately? Reader’s Digest used to have a humorous section in their magazine titled, All in a day’s work. This section provided humorous stories that happened on the job.
One of my favorite scriptures is, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4: 13). I repeated that phrase the other day at work while attempting to complete a task.

The UPS guy delivered a couple of large items to my job on a palate. The items were too large and heave to fit through the front door of our center, so I directed him to the garage. As he drove the truck to the back of the building, I walked to the garage. This is where my reciting began.
I attempted to lift the garage door, but it wouldn’t move. I double checked to make sure I had taken the lock off and tried again. I slid locks, pulled on chains…nothing. Meanwhile the UPS guy was on the other side of the door patiently waiting.

I kept telling myself, “I can do this, I can do this.” Our custodial staff didn’t begin their shift until later in the day, so I couldn’t enlist their help. The maintenance guys were already in their vehicles and off to satellite sites. There was our Clerk who was manning the front office and me.
I slide one more bolt, gave a slight push to the door and up it rolled. And there was the UPS guy patiently waiting. I’m glad it wasn’t a Federal Express delivery or there may not have been a person waiting patiently on the other side of the door.

Has anything funny or odd happened to you on the job lately? How did you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment