Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Muffins with Mom – Boys to Men-when kids grow up


 
The focus of today’s episode of Muffin’s with Mom is on children growing from childhood to young adults. Do you remember holding your child as a baby, he was so tiny and curled up that you had to pry his fingers open to admire his little hands?
On the path of parenting there are days that we as parents wonder how we will make it through. Some days are blissful, while others present challenges. Those challenging days make you want to throw your hands in the air and say, “I quit.” Those are also the day that you may be right on the edge of a breakthrough.

As I prepared for my son’s graduation open house, I sat down and looked through old photos. With each photo a set of memories flashed before me – my son learning to swim, roller skate or playing on his first basketball team. And then they grow up. My younger son will soon begin driver’s training.
When I look back over my life, I have to say I never would have made it without the Lord on my side. I like the gospel song by Marvin Sapp with that same title, Never Would Have Made It. If you’ve never heard the song, check it out below. If you’re familiar with the song, listen again and hone in on the lyrics…never could have made it without you.

YouTube video courtesy of Zomba

Pull out a few old photos and see what memories flood your mind. This is what I got…
 
 
 
 
 
 
Whether your child is three months, three years or into the teen years, cherish the trials and the triumphs. You’ll be glad you did as you look back and reflect.
What memories would you reflect upon as your child is growing?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment