Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Words of Wisdom Wednesday – The Difference (poem)



Photo credit

                            I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day;
                            I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray.
                            Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task,
                            "Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered.
                            He answered, "You didn't ask."
 
                            I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on gray and bleak;
                            I wondered why God didn't show me;
                            He said, "But you didn't seek."

                            I tried to come into God's presence;
                            I used all my keys at the lock;
                            God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock."

                            I woke up early this morning, and paused before entering the day;
                            I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.
 
Author Grace L. Naessens

Go out today and make a difference in someone’s life. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved this poem. Thanks for posting it today. It's a good reminder.

    Happy Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete