Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Muffins with Mom – A time to celebrate



My graduate with Granny
 
June seems to be a month for celebrations, there are graduations, Father’s Day, and birthdays to name a few. For our family, the first celebration of the month was a graduation. As we entered the crowded gymnasium, there was standing room only.
After a welcome and the singing of the National Anthem, the audience was on their feet again as the students marched in to Pomp and Circumstance. The celebration was underway. Toward the end of the program, the soon to be graduates stood row by row and walked to the stage. As the names of the graduates were called, the audience came alive with whistling, shouts and air horns.

From snippets of conversations I heard people say, “the time had really flown by,” and “It seems like they just started ninth grade a short while ago.” I had these same thoughts in common with other parents. One mom said she would miss seeing some of the kids. I too felt a connection with a lot of the students. They would always speak when they saw me or give me a hug as if I were one of their family members.

My son’s graduation reminded me that we don’t have to wait until a big event to gather people together for a celebration. We can celebrate small accomplishments along the way or just get together friends and family to enjoy each other’s company.

Family


Friends

As we move into the month of June, your task is to find a reason to celebrate.
What celebration have you experienced lately?

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations all round Angela!! well done to your son, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete