|Photo credit: www.vicester.net|
Have you ever been talking with someone and you just said a random thought out loud? And the person said, “What are you talking about?”“Oh I was just thinking out loud,” you say.
I do this to my kids all of the time. My oldest son will say, “Can you not talk to yourself?
As a writer, blogger, and mom in search of college scholarships for her son, I am always thinking out loud. For instance I may say, “What will be the topic of my next blog post? Or “What other resources can I check for scholarships?”
Today, I want you to think out loud. Just for fun, think back to your days as a new parent, a time when everything was bliss. Now, as an experienced parent what things would you say to your novice self?
Using phrases from movies here’s my list…
· “It’s a whole new world…” – Disney’s Aladin
· “May the force be with you” – Star Wars
· “Rut Ro” – Scooby Doo
· “Lean on me when you’re not strong…” – song by Bill Withers
· “Hakuna Matata” (no worries) – The Lion King
· “I’ll pray for you, you pray for me, and watch God change things” – Be Blessed (song) by Paul S. Morton
· “I love you, you love me, we’re a happy family…” – Barney (the purple dinosaur)
What happens when you think out loud? Are there usually people around, does it help you to think things through? What does your list of think out loud things look like?